Healthy Conversation Skills training (Tauranga) on 11 September 2018
posted by WM Admin on 2018-08-03 16:56:47.637
Healthy Conversation Skills Training provides health professionals with invaluable skills to support clients to make behaviour changes for a healthier lifestyle.
Healthy Conversation Skills gives health professionals the tools to support and empower women and their families to make a plan for change that fits in with their lives.
Participants will learn:
- How to create opportunities to discuss health behaviours
- Different ways to approach nutrition and physical activity conversations
- To use open discovery questions to better understand a client or family’s situation
- Techniques to listen, reflect and encourage clients to set their own goals.
The sessions are run as a group and seek to:
- Explore your current practice
- Promote reflection
- Engage in group problem-solving
- Encourage you to think about what you’ll do differently
- Revisit plans in subsequent sessions to facilitate real and lasting learning
- Be challenging and discover new ways of working.