Healthy Babies Healthy Futures Programme
posted by Research Admin 1 on 8 May 2019
Healthy Babies Healthy Futures (HBHF) Programme is a FREE public health initiative to prevent maternal and child obesity by improving nutrition and physical activity. The goal is to promote health and wellbeing of pregnant women, women with children under 4yrs, and their whanau and communities through improved nutrition and increased levels of physical activity. The Fono is the Lead Provider for Pacific HBHF and partners with Pacific Providers: Procare, Alliance Health Plus, Pasifika Integrated Healthcare and TAHA Well Pacific Mother and Infant service.
The programme is for Pacific families in the ADHB and WDHB area. The programme registers pregnant mothers, mothers of young children under 4yrs, and their supporters/whanau which can include husband/partner, mother or in-laws.
Healthy Babies Healthy Futures includes:
- FREE Text Messages (Txtmatch) delivered weekly according to gestational age regarding baby development, healthy maternal nutrition, breastfeeding, infant nutrition and physical activity
- Link with an LMC as soon as pregnancy is diagnosed. TAHA has a phone app that can locate a nearby LMC. LMC services are FREE
- Support to FREE Tapuaki Pregnancy Education by TAHA including 6 Pregnancy Modules, Labour/Delivery, Breastfeeding and Safe Sleep for Baby
- Free workshops/activities on healthy nutrition, cooking, and physical activity
- Community Events that promote family fun and education
Access this service
Self-referral, GP/Doctor, Community group
Pacific families in the ADHB and WDHB area.
Use the link to view the video and find out more about the programme.