The Knowledge Library describes primarily New Zealand based research on weight managment from the year 2000 onwards. The Library currently holds over 4000 literature abstracts and information on related research projects.
The Knowledge Library has four searchable sections – Literature Abstracts; Research Studies; Researchers; and Funding Organisations.
- The Literature Abstracts section includes articles, book chapters, reports, conference proceedings, and theses. Where available, links to full text are provided.
- The Researchers section includes for each researcher, their list of publications indexed in the Knowledge Library, contact information (where available) and current affiliation information (organisation, organisation type, country of affiliation).
- The Research Studies section has descriptions, contact details and funding information for projects related to areas of focus.
- The Funding Organisations section has contact details and information on areas of interest for funders.
To search the Knowledge Library:
There are two main ways to search the Knowledge Library:
- The first is to go to the section you are most interested in (such as Nutrition) and click on the 'Literature ' tab. That will bring up the full listing of content contained in the Knowledge Library that pertains to that topic. You may further filter the results by choosing the 'Filter by Tag' option on the right hand side of every main page. Choose the 'tag' that represents the area you are most interested in.
- The second method is to do a search of the entire Knowledge Library. You do this by choosing the Knowledge Library tab on the home page. You then have the option to search all sections (Literature Abstracts, Researchers, Research Studies or Funding Organisations) inserting the search term in the box on the top right of any page and then clicking search.
You may also choose the 'Advanced Search' option that is found under the main Search box and follow the instructions contained there.